Pleasant Township Marion, Ohio
~Pleasant Township Park is located on what was once farmland that had been owned by the Seiter Family since the late 1800’s. In 1999, the township purchased a 27-acre parcel of farmland and woods from Caroline Seiter, with a 19-acre portion of the parcel being set aside for a township park and the remainder designated for future township development. With the help of funding from a NatureWorks grant from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Phase 1 of park development was initiated in 2004. This included the construction of an entrance drive & parking lot, planting trees, shelter house, and trail through the park woods. In 2004 a second parcel of 20 acres of Seiter farmland was purchased. A wetland and prairie complex was constructed and windmill was installed to insure adequate water levels in the wetland. Purchase of the land and development was funded in part by a grant from the Ohio Public Works Commission Clean Ohio Conservation Fund. In 2006 the third and final parcel of 12 acres was purchased in part from ODNR NatureWorks, and ODNR Land and Water Conservation Fund. Phase 3 has involved the conversion of a portion of this 12-acre parcel to grassland habitat. Approximately 60 acres of permanently preserved green space will be here for your enjoyment and that of future generations.